Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Well Ivan's sick so no school today. This season is so tuff for him. He seems to catch everything out there! He had the same thing happen last year. We almost took him out of his preschool program because he missed so many days from being sick. After a month or two it seemed he caught all the colds that were out there and wasn't sick anymore. I sure hope that's what happens this time!! So right now he's cuddled up on the couch watching cartoons.
With the four day weekend it gave me a chance to do some sewing and crafts.
Here is the original purse from www.warehousefabricsinc.com
And here is the purse I made from the tutorial. This is the first time I used piping and I'm really happy with how it turned out!
I added magnetic clasps and it has a pocket on either side. I didn't follow the pattern for the inside. The original posted made a pleated inside and I really didn't think it was needed. So I modified the pattern but it worked so that's all that matters :)
With all the felt work I'm doing for Ivan's Christmas present when I saw these flowers I just knew I wanted to try and make it!
I made mine smaller then the original and added beads to the center. I haven't decided if I'm going to use it as a broach, add it to a purse or add it to a headband to wear in my hair. I might just have to make more so I can do all three :)
This is another craft that I saw and just knew I wanted to try!
I didn't want to go out and buy the supplies the tutorial called for so I used what I already had. Here is what I came up with. I also learned a few things along the way: It looks alot better if you use beads that are all the same sizes, mine weren't. The hemp cord I used wasn't thick enough but it worked. If I try this again I will try to get the right cording.








No comments: